Saturday, April 25, 2015

What's in a name | Part II



“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As you may have read in an earlier post, Looks of Love Photography is undergoing major changes. I explained how I came to be Looks of Love and why that is no longer an accurate or relevant name for my business. So, that being said, you might be wondering what my new business name is. Well, let me tell you!!

When I was considering a new name, I new that I didn’t want to incorporate my personal name into my brand. That may sound unwise, but I don’t believe that my name has a flowy ring to it. And if I combine my first and middle name, it is a bit too feminine for my taste. So that being said, I sat down and really looked hard into what I stand for, what I want to represent, and what I want my ideal client to look like.

After college, I moved from Illinois to Virginia. My entire family is back in the mid-west. Striking out on my own was (and still is) both exciting and scary as hell. If it were not for that strong support system I have, I don’t know that  I would have thrived in the way that I have. As I have grown older, I have also re-developed a relationship with both of my parents, and it’s been a joy to do so. I feel even more connected to my family now, even if they are halfway across the country. I am blessed to come from a strong, faith based family. When I think of my own family, as well as the families I hope my couples to create, I think of an Oak tree. Solid, strong, bending, deep rooted, standing the test of time.

While I have deep roots and ties to my family, I have always been a bit of a loner, a wanderer, an explorer. I want to travel the world. I want to take in this life and everything it has to offer. I never want to lose that wanderlust. My ideal client shares that same sense of adventure for life and love.  A feather floating on the breeze comes to mind when I describe my sense of wanderlust.

So, after careful consideration, thought, and a lot of support from my friends and family, Looks of Love photography will now become Feather & Oak Photography. I feel that this is the perfect blend of who I am as a person, what I stand for both personally and professionally, and accurately reflects my ideal client.

I hope you continue on this beautiful journey with me. I will be filling you in shortly on the new website link!

I feel that great things are in store :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your new name! It really fits your photography style and gives me that rustic feeling. <3 you

    ReplyDelete